Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Strawberry, Banana, & Pineapple Smoothie

Strawberry, Banana, & Pineapple Smoothie



I know what you guys are already thinking, another smoothie? But yes! I made this one today and I have to say it is a tasty snack! I am really a fan of smoothies lately and I love the fact that I can whip up fruits and vegetables into tasty concoctions for a simple lunch. Plus, it is ready in minutes, who doesn't love that?

What you will need:

4-5 Frozen Strawberries
1 Small Frozen Banana
1/4 cup Frozen Pineapple
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Milk



Place all ingredients into a blender (I used the Magic Bullet). I found it easier to place the strawberries in first, then banana, pineapple, and pour milk over everything. This way the milk tends to soften the fruits and it is easier for the ingredients to all blend together smoothly. I have to say this one is really tasty!! I also love the bright pink color of this smoothie, and you can never go wrong with the wonderful fruit that is in this one.

I think it might be a great idea to make a few of these smoothies at once and then freeze. That way if I ever have a day where I don't have the couple minutes it takes to pack lunch, or make a smoothie from scratch I can just take out the already frozen smoothie and in a couple of hours I will have a meal ready to go! I usually always pair a smoothie with some other healthy snack.

Here is one of my favorite low-calorie snacks of the moment:


I swear that this popcorn tastes almost exactly like the movie theater popcorn, but way better for you since it only has three ingredients! Of course the fact that it is low in calorie also makes it guilt free for us that are trying to watch our figures! (: 

Which is your favorite type of smoothie? Do you usually have it as a snack or a meal replacement? Also, are there any low calorie, healthy snacks that you're willing to share? Comment and let me know. (:

Cheers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment