Friday, August 17, 2012

Low Calorie, Great Tasting Hawaiian Pizza

Healthy Hawaiian Pizza:


I have been making this for dinners for quite some time now, and thought it might be time to share. I know a lot of individuals that are trying to maintain a low-calorie diet are always looking for pizza options that they can enjoy without feeling guilty! I think that this is the perfect option. Pizza with canadian bacon and pineapple is my all time favorite and so those are the toppings that I always use. I do want to try a low-calorie BBQ chicken pizza recipe soon, and when I do that I will definitely post it. 

And so we are on to how to make this delicious pizza! 

What you will need:

1 Slice of Arabic Bread (I use this since it is larger than most pita pockets and only 140 calories! But you could also use an alternative to this if you can't find Arabic bread.)
1/4 cup Light Pizza Sauce w/ about 30-40 calories per serving (I use Ragu.)
1 Light Mozzarella String Cheese (I love Sargento cause it melts well, but there are many different options to choose from.)
2 Slices of 97% FF Canadian Bacon (For 5 slices it should be around 60 calories for nutritional info)
Handful of Frozen Pineapple Tidbits
Any type of seasonings for pizza, I use Garlic & Onion Powder and Penzy's Pizza Seasoning when I have it.


The first thing I do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While that is heating up I gather my ingredients and start the pizza making process! 


After I have gathered my supplies, I grate the string cheese as shown in #2 above. Then I spread the 1/4 cup of sauce onto the arabic bread and add the seasonings here so they have a chance to cook into the sauce in the oven (#3). Then add the cheese, slice the 2 pieces of canadian bacon and put them on, and then sprinkle the pineapple tidbits around the pizza (#4 & #5). After the pizza is assembled I put it into the oven for about 10 minutes. Then it is ready to eat! I have to say this goes amazing with a side salad with a boiled egg on top. Which is usually exactly how I eat it. 


I calculated this pizza as being right around 280 calories.
Here is the breakdown:

1 Arabic Bread: 140 calories
1 Light String Cheese: 50 calories 
1/4 cup Light Pizza Sauce: 40 calories 
2 Slices 97% FF Canadian Bacon: 24 calories
Handful of Pineapple: 26 calories 

All in all it is a very filling dinner and it makes you feel as though you are really indulging in a fattening pizza, but it is very healthy and guilt free. Pair with a salad or some soup and you've got a full meal. 

Do you make your own pizzas at home? If so, which kind do you make? What are your favorite toppings? Let me know below in the comment section, and enjoy this delicious pizza! 

Cheers! 









No comments:

Post a Comment