Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blueberry, Spinach, & Other Fruit Smoothie

Blueberry, Spinach, & Other Fruit Smoothie




This is the first post that I am going to be doing for my blog. I have been trying to find a perfect smoothie recipe that involves spinach since I know that it offers a lot of good benefits and helps to boost weight loss efforts. And so I was experimenting last week and came up with my most favorite smoothie yet. I thought I would share it with everyone in case you wanted to try it out!

Ingredients You Will Need:

1 Frozen Small Banana
1 Small Kiwi
3-4 Fresh Strawberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Milk (or other low calorie milk substitute)
1 Cup Blueberries dipped in nonfat greek yogurt and frozen
2-3 Cups Spinach

The first thing that I do is slice a banana and kiwi up into a bowl and let it freeze for at least two hours.

After those are done freezing I gather all my other ingredients that I use in the smoothie. The one thing that I find makes this smoothie better tasting then other smoothies I have tried, is that I use blueberries that I have dipped in greek yogurt and then frozen (and yes I got the idea from Pinterest, but I do not like the way these greek frozen yogurt blueberries taste on their own, and so I added them to a smoothie and it turned out amazing!!).  I usually do this a couple of days before I will be making the smoothie.
Now you are ready to blend all the ingredients together. I usually put the blueberries on the bottom, then build up with the rest of the fruit. Pour the almond milk in before adding the spinach to the top. Like this...
It typically takes a bit of time for me to get all the ingredients blended together well and then liquified. I don't have the best blender though, so that is the problem. If the blender stops working I just move the food around until it all gets blended together smoothly. I like to enjoy this healthy smoothie almost everyday as a lunch. It really is filling and makes me feel like I am doing my body right, by getting in a lot of fruits and a serving of super spinach! (: 

Please try this smoothie out and let me know what you think. Keep in mind that there will still be a taste from the spinach, but along with the other ingredients this smoothie tastes really good. I like to top mine with a  tablespoon or two of fat free reddi-whip which makes it even sweeter. 

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment